Buildings & Contents Insurance

Buildings & Contents Insurance

Looking to review your buildings and contents insurances? DW Financial Services will do the hard work for you. It is important that you check your policy against your requirements and needs as you may be paying for something you don’t need or have a cover that really doesn’t benefit you.

The insurance market place

We will search the market place after assessing your needs against cover levels, excesses and exclusions to ensure that your cover is right for you and striving to ensure the best premiums are offer!

Buildings insurance

Buildings insurance is very simple; it covers your building against a range of standard risks such as:

  • Storm and Flood
  • Fire and smoke damage
  • Subsidence and hence
  • Impact damage to the property
  • Lightning, earthquakes and explosion
  • Theft and attempted theft*
  • Leakage of water due to burst pipes or freezing*
  • Damage due to riot, strike and civil unrest*
  • Falling trees
  • Accidental damaged can be added to cover breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fittings.*

Some of the above will not be covered if the property is left unoccupied for more than 30 days including or the property is let.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance will cover anything that you would take with you should the property be sold or if you turned the property upside down, whatever fell out. Accidental damaged can be added along with damage to freezer contents and extended cover for items kept in a garden shed.

Extended / All risk insurance

  • Personal Property regularly taken outside the home e.g. laptop
  • Unspecified items – each item has a value below a specified limit e.g. £1500
  • Specified items – items above that limit valued at or above e.g. £1500

Please note that risks cover may vary between providers so always read your specific Key Features Document to ensure you have the correct cover in place.